At the age of 25...

I became the owner of my third cat, wore a tutu in public, auditioned for my first theatrical production in almost six years, moved five times, almsot got my car repossesed, got peed on by third cat on multiple occasions, lived with three men, two lab puppies and my three cats under one roof (was the ONLY female), became an aunt for the second time, worked as a waitress, a role player for a military training site, became unemployed and worked as a receptionist at a law firm, made friends, lost friends, watched my father get laid off, then watched him get diagnosed with parkinsons, had my very first suprise party, had multiple days where I had a closet full of clothing I couldn't wear, had my car broken into for the first time, went to war with Sallie Mae, went to wisconsin for the first time, lost a husband, gained a boyfriend, spent two weeks with my mother watching sappy movies and shopping at trader joes, got peed on by the cat again AND gained almost 40lbs.

I am now 26....your more then welcome to join me for the ride.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Turn off your screaming child please.

I'm in Chipotle yesterday grabbing a bite for dinner because it's late, im hungry, I just tried on a million dresses for NYE and hated all of them and I still have about an hour left to my "going hom from work" commute. I'm standing in line waiting to give my order of mild tomatoe, sour cream, cheese, guac and lettuce on my veggie burrito when everyone stops....

Coming from the freezer of the Chipotle store is this horrid screaming, like a child who just found her parents lying in a pool of there own blood, skin crawling scream. It sounded as if it was coming FROM the freezer but at the same time it almost sounded like it was on a tv in the back or outside, very distant. The manager who was frozen in horror stared at the freezer door as if at any moment a villian of your worst nightmare was going to bust out with a chainsaw....and then it happened.


Some idiot from the line silenced his cell phone. RIDICULOUS!!!!

Who in gods name would want the sound of a blood curdling screaming child on there cell phone, can you imagine getting a call at three in the morning when you are alone in your city apartment and that's the sound you hear?? Please!! I'd need a prescription cocktail just to handle getting a phone call!! Because if I hear a screaming child when I am alone in my apartment at night then one of my two worst nightmares has come true; 1) I have given birth to something or 2) A child is being killed outside my door and I will be forced to get out of bed and dial 911. And who the hell wants to work with the guy who enjoys listening to children scream, sounds like a bad episode of L&O SVU, for real.

So after much giggling commenced from the people making my burrito I paid and left, however that scream still lingers on my ears and that burrito still lingers as heart burn. It was a night my anxiety ridden mind and my esophagus will not soon forget.


Thanks to you burrito boy, thanks to you.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Christina.I want to bring out your lighter side.Even though my pic is at Sixxsense.com Featured Fans Volume 2 at number 24 I dont have a dark side and I am single.I live not far away in Brooklyn,New York City.My email is Lonbrooklyn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete